Archive for January 2011
First off, I totally apologize for the crappy quality of the photos. I took them with my iphone and am not sure what I did to deserve such low quality photos. They usually aren’t this bad! Right!? However, I really wanted to show proof of my re-inspiration. It has been forever since I painted. It felt so good to get glue and paint all over me and ruin a new shirt. Ahhh good times. A few weeks ago I had nuthin’…..I was creatived out…. I was meagerly surviving on photoshop tutorials and editing old photos to sustain my creative urges. Then the artistic force hit me like a ton of bricks. I think it was the “fake spring” that did it. The weather has been sunny and warm here in the Metroplex and all I wanted to do was take walks and play with paint. I had several burst of inspirations that have been rumbling around in my noggin and finally put something on canvas. The weather is supposed to return to cold and wet so we shall see how this influences studio time.
I really wish the quality was better but you get the idea. I painted! I also experimented with adding photos to my paintings. The first photo is “in progress” and has many more layers to go but the bottom birdie one is complete. I love the colors and the vagueness of the background. Surely I will post some better photos….say…next exciting Studio Sunday. Ok, sounds good…
Over and Out
I have dreams of being more productive as a working artist, but with so much currently on my plate I am having trouble organizing everything into a definite plan of action. Last year my main intention was to produce the art that was singing in my soul and if anyone chose to buy it then that was great…beyond great…fabulous even…mission accomplished. I opened my etsy store, landed some commissions and, like magic, I was a working artist. Call me greedy, but I want more. It’s time to step up the game in 2011, gamble a little and take Wenderflonia Studios to the next level.
Maybe with a little help from the wonder pets I can start forming a more solid plan for Wenderflonia today.
hmmmm…. ok maybe im on my own with this….. So let’s start a list.
- First thing to contemplate is figure out how to better manage an at-home creative business while managing a budding toddler, teenager, and household all at the same time…..YIKES!
- I also need to start painting again! Shortly after Jude was born my will to paint hybernated itself. Call it temperamental artistness or plain exhaustion, but It just hasn’t been there. I have a commission coming up so hopefully that will be what I need to jumpstart the paint flow. My creative spirit didn’t totally disappear however, I have really enjoyed photography lately and look forward to adding several prints to the store.
- I think a business plan is called for. I have so many ideas and visions but nothing is set in concrete. Being a person built on lightly organized chaos, having something to harness the ideas floating around and help me follow would definitely help. Goals are much easier to achieve when one knows exactly what they are.
- A complete redesign my website and reorganization of the store is in order…. simple yet time consuming for not only myself but for BFS (who has way more on his plate that I). A deadline around the second weekend of March to relaunch a new look and a new business model is set for go!
- Lastly…most importantly….Find more energy! Find more energy! I think I need to drink more coffee..
Ok that is as far as I am willing to go on this list. Several other things are on my mind regarding Wenderflonia but too much “listing” will overwhelm. I will leave it at that. The last year was an excellent start and more than I could have asked for, but this year I am ready to keep growing and see where I can fly.
On a final note, I will say that I’m not sure why I keep the wonder pets around….they are no help and I have a sneaky suspicion that they are mocking me behind my back….
Wow is it already January!? Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye. We had a really good holiday visiting with all of our families. We did tons of traveling, which was exhausting and hard. Especially since we had to coordinate vehicles, dogs, and children. Also on the menu for our holiday fun was a nasty cold that was/is being passed back and forth. I’m still recovering and I must say it hit hard. I am snotty, coughy, exhausted but I’m getting better everyday….mostly. I also really wish I’d blogged more during the time away but it was just that….time away. Sick or not, it was still good to spend time away from the computer. I took lots of great pics over the holidays and look forward to sharing in future posts.
Now I am ready to move on from the holiday fun and get back to center. I always make resolutions but I try not to share. Nobody wants to hear how I vow to loose XX pounds or will be more dedicated to <thing I need to be more dedicated to>. Instead I’ll be more vague and say that this is my year to find my balance and focus. First thing on that agenda is to get out of this brain fog. My mind is so muddled and I am having such a hard time concentrating and staying on task. I really feel I am just having a hard time getting over this cold, so hopefully that won’t be much longer. Until then I will try to post more cryptic blogs with pretty pictures.
in Love and Confoundment